Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Service Learning Reflection #2

So far things are going well with my cooperating teacher. I have given her my multi-media campaign which she really liked. She did mention that I made it a little bit above grade level for her students, so she may make some alterations to the brochure that she plans on giving to her students. She mentioned, however, that she works with 7th and 8th grade teachers that have mentioned interest in talking to their students about cyber bullying, so she may just forward the artifacts over to them. Julie enjoyed reading the simple content area Power Point that I constructed about the basics of taking care of your body. She said that she could tell I put a lot of work into all of the artifacts and that she intends on putting most of it to use.
I feel like that has been a good experience for me. Sometimes I feel a little out of my element trying to create projects for someone other than myself. But it's also been helpful at the same time, to get me to think a ltitle deeper about what I'm creating and to make sure that it's actually applicable to a real life classroom. I'm most excited about the interactive Power Point, I think that's a great way to do a lesson plan for a day. I think even for high school students of my own someday, I'll use this method to maybe give them a break from me talking and let them get interactive with the lesson. I've thought of a couple of topics that might be a little more frustrating for students to learn, and that this sort of power point may make it easier for them.
  • How do you feel about the service-learning experience to this point?

No comments:

Post a Comment