Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Service Learning Reflection #1

For my service learning project I will be working with Julie Bagley, a Physical Education Teacher/ Coach / Heath Teacher for K-6. Her phone number is 801-879-8303. She is a brand new teacher, and is working her first full time job as a teacher and so far is really enjoying it. She's excited to have somebody helping her out with a couple of simple projects this year, and hopefully I can live up to her expectations. I'm most excited about creating projects for something other than English, which is what I do for every other Education class that I take here at UVU. So taking on a new subject, and a new grade level will be really fun for me I think. At the same time, that's what I'm most nervous about too! I feel very confident writing projects and lesson plans for high school English students, so this may stretch me a little, but also open up my eyes to other sides of education. I just hope that the material that I present to Julie is done well enough for her to be able to use them, not just for me, but because she's counting on it too. So we'll see how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment